XL Hybrids seeks a Controls (DVT) Engineer for real-time controls software test infrastructure development support of vehicle control systems for hybrid electric vehicle product lines.
About XL Hybrids:
XL Hybrids is an exciting, high-growth hybrid vehicle technology company founded by MIT alumni. We have developed cutting-edge technology and commercialized electrification and connectivity products for the commercial vehicle sector (vans, trucks, and buses) to become the leader in the North American market. We are a small but rapidly growing team, with a state-of-the-art engineering facility based in Boston. We are looking for high-energy, creative, and ambitious people to join our development team. Candidates must be able to work full time in Boston area.
We offer a competitive salary, meaningful stock ownership, 401K, health benefits, a great work environment and the opportunity to enter a high-growth startup company. We are recruiting candidates who have demonstrated leadership and excellence throughout their careers and are excited by the prospect of tackling challenging technical problems.
The candidate will be responsible for developing hardware/software in loop design verification infrastructure for embedded controls fimrware. The role will also warrant development of DV processes to validate on road data from vehicles for false failures This is NOT a QA role. Once the infrastructures are in place this candidate would have an opportunity to lead the test group entire system DVT.
- Own development of hardware in loop and software in loop test infrastructure development efforts at XL
- This will include C/python/Labview based modeling of electric powertrain components like batteries.
- Own and expand software test capabilities for real time safety critical controls software. This include building infrastructure for unit testing, functional testing per MISRA C coding standards
- Own development and execution of DV process. Conceptualize and execute software/firmware corner case tests addressing all the safety constraints of the system.
- Own entire development of system diagnostic tools and production/ end of line software tools to aid production and service teams. (Excellent opportunity to dive deeper into understanding EV systems and firmware architectures)
- Work with test engineers to implement firmware validation for vehicle controls firmware.
- Participate in code reviews and ability to use version control and issue tracking platforms (Bitbucket, Jira)
- Candidate will report to the Firmware Engineering Manager
- BS (or higher) in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or equivalent
- 3-5 years of real-time embedded software test/ validation experience
- Direct experience with embedded coding standards like MISRA C
- Direct experience with deploying HIL/SIL systems (hardware/software in loop)
- Direct experience and excellent command over C and Python programming. Labview/Simulink experience is also valuable
- Hands on experience in troubleshooting electrical/electronic/ robotics systems
- Must be able to work full time in XL Hybrids’ Boston office
- Experience/ knowledge of functional safety standards (ISO26262)
- Hands in experience working with automotive electronics/software. Good familiarity of how gasoline and electric vehicles operate.
- Hands on experience working with electric powertrain (High voltage batteries, motors, inverters)
- Direct experience in the development of cellular/telematics software and hardware systems
- Experience in working alongside hardware engineers and understanding the hardware nuances.