NOTE: This position has been filled. Applications will be reviewed for future openings.
Full-Stack Application Developer
XL seeks an experienced full-stack developer to help create our next-generation IoT cloud platform for commercial electrified vehicle fleets. As a developer at XL, you will work as part of a small team to build and maintain our cloud-based data stream processing engine along with multiple API and UI applications on both web and mobile platforms using cutting-edge open source technology. You should be comfortable quickly bootstrapping your understanding of new tools, technologies and application design techniques. If you are passionate about software, committed to writing code that is as beautiful as it is bulletproof, value direct access to stakeholders, and enjoy Friday afternoon cookouts, then you will feel right at home on our team.
This position is full time and on-site at the XL office and research facility in the Brighton neighborhood of Boston, MA, and reports to the Cloud Data Engineering Manager.
- Build and maintain cloud data processing systems and user interfaces
- Learn and contribute new technologies, tools, and techniques quickly and independently
- Facilitate observability and insight for a small, agile team of engineers and stakeholders
- Develop automated tests and other reliability features as part of code delivery
- Participate in friendly, professional code and design reviews
- Provide feedback to refine collaborative processes and optimize team productivity
- 3+ years web, mobile and/or back-end software development
- Proficient in software testing principles and methods
- Excellent communication skills (in person and remote)
- Comfortable working with Git and desktop Ubuntu
- Experience with or aptitude for quantitative research
Direct experience with at least two components in our current application stack:
- PostgreSQL (TimescaleDB, PostGIS), MySQL, Cassandra, Elasticsearch
- Apache Storm (Flux, multi-lang), Apache Kafka
- React, React Native, GraphQL, Apollo
- AWS ECS, EC2, RDS, S3, IAM, Lambda, etc.
Significant experience with at least one of:
- data visualization technologies, techniques, and design considerations
- user interface concepts, conventions, and risks
- user experience design and assessment
- data and transport security, credential management, and risk assessment
- continuous integration and deployment, infrastructure automation, and monitoring
- statistics, linear algebra, and automated modeling
- GIS: geospatial analytics, location services, and visualization
- IoT: unreliable networks, constrained devices, shadow state maintenance, OTA updates, and the hardware lifecycle
- 4-year degree in computer science or equivalent experience